Making a difference...
Chelford CE Primary School benefits enormously from an active PTA who organise a number of different events over the course of the year to raise much-needed funds to support the school. Much of the work that goes on in the background is led by our wonderful PTA committee. The committee meets on a regular basis and liaises with Mr Brady to identify projects to support the school and to schedule the fundraising activities for the term ahead.
All members of the committee are friendly and approachable and new members are always welcome to join the team! For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our PTA Committee:
Events are planned and led for both pupils and parents with opportunities for the wider community to join us to celebrate special occasions and festivals. These have included:
- Cinema evenings for pupils
- Discos and magic shows for pupils
- Quiz nights for parents/adults
- Summer fair for parents/adults
- Christmas markets for all families in our community
- Grow £1.00 initiative (based on the parable of the talents)
- Christmas wreath workshops for parents/adults
- Christmas stationery sales (Christmas cards, wrapping paper etc...)
- Christmas raffle and auction
The PTA supports the school to provide resources and experiences that enhance pupils' enjoyment of school. Over recent years, our PTA has supported the following projects:
- Purchase of guided reading materials to support pupils' reading in Class 1 and Class 2
- New interactive screen display for the School hall
- Annual pantomime visits/visiting theatre company shows
- Christmas selection boxes and Easter eggs for each pupil
- Sandtray for Class 1
- Keystrings music enrichment
- New lockers for Class 3
- New reading books for all classes
- School camera
- Batik art kit
- Chester Zoo visit for all pupils
Our PTA is now in the process of liaising with the School and other bodies to investigate the possibility of raising funds for the acquisition of a school minibus. More information on this project will be available in due course.
Over recent years, our PTA has benefitted from match-funding opportunities that parents' employers offer. If you are eligible for match-funding through your workplace and would like to find out how your employer may be able to support the PTA's fundraising initiatives, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: email@example.com or through our school office: 01625 861351.
Our annual Christmas raffle/auction is a significant fundraiser for our PTA. We would love to hear from any organisation that would be able to offer prizes and/or items for auction. Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or through our school office: 01625 861351 if you can offer any support.